Virtual Mah Jongg Game Night
Time & Location
About the Event
GAME NIGHT RULES
Please join us briefly on ZOOM at the beginning of the evening. Link for Zoom will be emailed to you prior to the event.
We will be using the Real Mah Jongg app.
RULES OF THE GAME:
1. All games will be played using the National Mah Jongg League 2021 card.
2. Each table will appoint a HOST.
a. The HOST is in charge of starting the game. They MUST be in “Any Friends Can Find Me” mode. You will need your Hosts Username.
b. Players will use the search bar to find the HOST Username and ask to join the game.
c. HOST will accept all of the players and play can begin.
d. VERY IMPORTANT: Once HOST records the score, they hit “PLAY AGAIN”. All players will also hit “PLAY AGAIN” to get to the next game.
SCORING (BOTH VIRTUAL OR IN-PERSON)
All points earned will match the points system on the REAL MAHJONGG APP. and
The National Maj Jongg League.
· If someone throws you Mah Jongg – you will earn the value of the hand
· If you pick your own Mah Jongg – you will earn double the value of the hand
· If you pick your own Mah Jongg and it is jokerless – it will be a double – double (for example: 25 points hand is 100 points earned)
· For all Wall games – each player earns 10 points.
One player will keep score for all players – for all 10 games.
Game night will be based on 10 games. (you can play more, but we only need first 10 games scores). The scores will be emailed to: Ileneanchell@gmail.com
Prizes will be awarded to:
1st and 2nd place – highest scoring individual players
Top prize awarded to top scoring table (all 4 players receive a prize)
Winners will be notified the next day via email.
1. If you have trouble during the game either passing or discarding a tile, there is a wheel button above your rack. If you hit it and go to “reload” it will fix the problem and resume your current game.
2. PRACTICE on the app. to get used to the game before game night!
Enjoy the night, have a glass of wine and whether you are playing virtually or in person have a great time with your friends!!
Any questions? Please call Sandy Brodsky 954-610-5672.