Mah Jongg Night Information
(Registration Link at the Bottom)
Please join us briefly on Zoom at the beginning and end of the night. Link for Zoom will be emailed to you prior to event.
We will be using the Real Mah Jongg app which looks like this:
PRIOR TO GAME NIGHT:
1. If you already have the RealMahjongg app, that’s great! Nothing further is needed.
If not, you will need to download it, sign up, and create a Username. There is a free two-week
trial period, after that there is a monthly fee of $6.99/month. You can cancel at
any time. If you want to play from your computer, then you will need to
access the website at www.realmahjongg.com to set up your account.
2. It is helpful to practice before game night if you are new to the online game.
RULES OF THE GAME:
1. All games will be played using the National Mah Jongg League 2020 card.
2. Each table will appoint a HOST.
a. The HOST is in charge of starting the game. She MUST be in “Any Friends Can Find Me” mode. You will need your Host’s Username.
b. Players will use the search bar to find the HOST’S Username and ask to join the game.
c. HOST will accept all of the players and play can begin.
d. VERY IMPORTANT: Once HOST records the score, they hit “PLAY AGAIN”. All players will also hit “PLAY AGAIN” to continue to the next game.
1. Each player starts at Zero.
2. All points earned will match the points system the REAL MAHJONGG app uses.
You will earn the number of points that is associated to the hand you were playing
when you declare mah-jongg. All players receive 10 points for a wall game.
Points will be displayed on your screen at the end of each game.
3. HOST will record the score (Player 1, Player 2 etc.) for all 10 games. Including a
tally of how many mah jongg games each person won.
4. Game night will be based on 10 games. (You can play more, but we only need
first 10 games scores) The HOST will need to email the scores to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Winners will be notified the next day via email.
Prizes will be awarded to:
1st, 2nd, & 3rd individual highest scores.
Individual with most winning mah jonggs.
Top prize awarded to top scoring table.
If you have trouble during the game either passing or discarding a tile, there is a wheel button above your rack. If you hit it and go to “reload” it will fix the problem and resume your current game.
We encourage you to PRACTICE on the app to get used to it before game night!
Enjoy the night, have a glass of wine, and FaceTime or Zoom with your friends while playing!! (You will need two devices for this.)
Any questions? Please call Jan Warmund (954) 242-9956 or Sandy Brodsky (954) 610-5672